STEEL DARTS TOURNAMENT
In the meantime, the darts tournament has become an integral part of the winter semester. When the best darts players in the world compete in London, TUK also chooses its darts champion. The aim is to get 501 points down to zero as quickly as possible.
The last time the darts flew in our stadium was in the summer, but now it's back indoors! Our dartboards are tuned up and ready to go, so be there when it's OOOONNNEEEEEHHHUUUUUUUUNNNDREEEDDAAANNNDDDEEEEEIIIGGHHHTTYYYYYY! (or 26 after all!)
Date & Mode:
- Saturday, 15.01.2022
- Due to current restrictions, the number of participants is limited to 64 players. A group phase followed by a knockout mode will be played. The group phase will be divided into 2 time slots if the number of participants reaches about 40. This way you will get more playing time and we can take care of the current safety regulations.
- Up to 40 registrations, the group phase will be played from 14:00 to 18:00.
- From 40 registrations, another group phase will be played from 10:00 to 14:00.
- The final knockout mode will start at around 19:00, so that everyone has enough time to settle in.
- We will publish the schedule on Friday evening after the registration deadline. If the number of registrations is around 40, you can be prepared for only one group stage.
- The group stage will be played in best of 3 or best of 5 (depending on the group size) from 501 down. Matches must be played down to 0, but no double field is required for checkout. From the knockout stage onwards, it will be played with double out.
- Students and employees of the TUK, the HS Kaiserslautern, the University of Landau as well as employees of all affiliated institutes are eligible to participate. Furthermore, all holders of a basic or higher card or members of UNIFIT can of course participate.
- As usual in the basic programme of university sports, participation is only possible from the age of 16.
- You do not need to send us the proofs by mail, we will check them on the day of the tournament.
- Unisport Sports Hall, Paul-Ehrlich-Strasse 28.
- Tournament organisation, material prizes, beverage sales
- You can find the registration for the tournament here.
- Deadline for registration is 14.01.2022 08:00 pm.
- The participation fee is 5€ for students, 6€ for staff & students of other universities, 7€ for guests (basic ticket holders who are not students or staff of the mentioned universities).
- If you have any questions, please contact wettkampf(at)hochschulsport.uni-kl.de only.
Safety and hygiene measures:
- The tournament will be held exclusively under consideration of the 2Gplus rule. In addition to a vaccination or convalescent certificate, each participant also needs a current, official negative test result to participate. The DRK is currently conducting tests on our premises in the learning tent. You can book an appointment at https://drk-kl-uni.probatix.de/de/pick-slot.
- Only active athletes are admitted to the tournament, no spectators!
- The sanitary area of the sports hall is not available due to construction work. You can use the toilets in the foyer, and if you need to change and shower, there are 2 shower containers (men & women) next to the learning tent.
- Photos and videos will be taken during the event. With your registration you agree that photos of you may be published on the Unisport website.